Want to enjoy this server media player on your Mac? You can directly add a new library to your Plex from your Mac and also from online servers. Plex also offers a paid premium Plex pass for its premium services.
Here is how to set up and use Plex on your Mac:
How to set up your server
1. Click on the ‘Plex’ app of your Mac to open it. Launching the Plex app will open your web browser and take you to the Plex server.
2. Choose a method to download from the sign in page.
3. Click on ‘CONTINUE WITH EMAIL’ and enter your Plex account details to sign in. If you want to use your Google or Facebook account for sign in, then you can choose them as well. Enter the credential of the account you are using for signing in to open server.
4. On the server page, you’ll see an option to purchase Plex pass which is for the premium feature. You can view more details for Premium features Pass and also about membership or close it by clicking on the ‘X’ button.
5. After that, go to the Server Setup page, click on the ‘NEXT’ button to on this page. The media server will start running on your web browser.
6. Click on the ‘NEXT’ button to confirm the library category and go to finish window. You’ll get this button under Organize your media section. If you want to select a new library, then here you’ll also have an option ‘ADD LIBRARY’ to choose and add a different kind of media.
7. Finally, click on the ‘DONE’ button to end set up.
This will finish the server setting and open your dashboard on your screen.
How to browse and add Libraries to Plex
Steps to add and create a new Library:
1. Find the media libraries list. You’ll see library list on the left side panel.
2. There is a ‘+’ button next to each library, click on the ‘+’ button of the media library you want to add.
3. Choose the media type to add in your library. You can also make a new and separate library for your Music, photos, Video clips, movies, and TV shows.
4. Now, click on the ‘Name’ field to give a name to your library.
5. Type a name into the field. If you want to change the language, then you can click on the drop-down box of the language to select a language.
6. Click on the ‘NEXT’ button to confirm, and this will prompt a window to add a folder.
7. Click on ‘BROWSE MEDIA FOLDER’ to select a folder from your device.
8. Browse and select a folder to add to your Plex library.
9. And click on the ‘ADD LIBRARY’ button to create and add the selected folder. Doing this will add your newly created library into the media libraries on the left side panel.
Steps to open and browse libraries:
1. Navigate to the media libraries panel.
2. Then click on a ‘Library’ from the left side media library panel to open it and view its content.
3. You can do the same to open another library.
4. Click on the ‘House icon’ button to return to your dashboard. The home button is just next to the search button near the upper right corner of the Plex window.
Marshall Lyne is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Sara has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.