Microsoft Word offers an array of templates which can be applied easily. Templates refer to pre-made documents wherein consumers can add their own data rather than having to design the layout on their own. Using templates helps users save a lot of time and energy. If you use Microsoft Word on your Windows PC, then here’s how you can choose and apply templates:
Steps to select templates on Windows
- Launch Microsoft Word on your computer.
- Look for the templates in the home page.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to the internet.
- Choose the template you wish to use.
- Click on it.
- Now, hit the Create button.
- Edit it as per your preference. You can change the text, font size, and colour.
- After making all the changes, hit the File button in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Save As.
- Key in the name of the document.
- Click on the Save button.
Apply a Template to an older Word Document on Windows
- Locate the document on your computer.
- Double-click on the file.
- When the document opens, click on the File tab located in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on File from the left pane.
- Again from the left pane in the Word Options screen, click on Add-ins.
- Now, click on the pull-down menu next to Manage.
- Select Templates from the list of options.
- Hit the Go button located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, press the Attach button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose a template according to your preference.
- Hit the Open button located at the lower right corner of the prompt.
- Now, just click on the square next to automatically update document styles. This option will be located under the template name.
- Hit the Ok button located at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click on the File tab located at the top left corner of the window.
- Now, from the left pane, select the option called Save As.
- Select the location for saving the document.
- Input the name.
- Hit the Save button.
Sofia Martine is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security.She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.